Colonnades and springs
The stone Mlýnská kolonáda (Mill Colonnade) was built in Pseudo-Renaissance style according to the design of distinguished Czech architect Josef Zítek between the years 1871 and 1881. The colonnade attic gable is decorated with 12 sandstone allegorical statues representing the months of the year. Inside the largest colonnade in Karlovy Vary, you may find the seeps of five mineral springs: the Mill Spring, the Rusalka Spring, the Prince Wenceslas Spring, the Libuše Spring, and the Rock Spring.
The richly decorated Sadová kolonáda (Park Colonnade) assembled from cast-iron is the last remnant of the former concert and restaurant hall known as Blanenský Pavilion. It was built according to the design of renowned Viennese architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer between the years 1880 and 1881. The Snake Spring has been brought to the premises of the Park Colonnade in 2001 and the seep of Sadový pramen (Park Spring) is also accessible from the Park Colonnade, namely in the underground premises of Vojenský lázeňský ústav (Army Spa Institution).
The richly carved wooden Tržní kolonáda (Market Colonnade) was built in Swiss style according to the design of highly reputed Viennese architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer between the years 1882 and 1883. The colonnade underwent an extensive reconstruction in the early 1990s. Inside the Market Colonnade, you may find the seeps of three mineral springs: the Charles IV Spring, the Lower Castle Spring, and the Market Spring.
The original Zámecká kolonáda (Castle Colonnade) was built between the years 1910 and 1912 in Art Nouveau style according to the design of Viennese architect Johann Friedrich Ohmann. In the early 21st century, the Castle Colonnade was converted into the Zámecké lázně (Castle Spa) Spa and Wellness Centre, which is currently not accessible to the general public. The sinter relief of the Spirit of the Springs is also accessible only to the Castle Spa guests.
Hot Spring Colonnade
The modern glass and reinforced concrete Vřídelní kolonáda (Hot Spring Colonnade) built in Functionalistic style in 1975 arches over the most popular spring in Karlovy Vary. The geyser of the Hot Spring is in a separate pavilion and it gushes to a height of up to 12 metres. The current building is already the third colonnade structure built on the site.
Freedom Spring Arbour
The octagonal wooden columnar arbour was built above the newly captured spring below Bernardova skála (Bernard's Rock) between the Mill Colonnade and Lázně III (Spa III) in 1865. The seep of the spring, which has been known as the Freedom Spring since 1946, is located directly in the arbour on the main spa promenade and it is the frequent stop of visitors coming to Karlovy Vary.
Alois Klein's Arbour
The octagonal wooden arbour was built in Swiss style according to the design of architect František Vondráček in the park in front of Parkhotel Richmond in 1997. The arbour was named after Alois Klein, the original owner of the Richmond Spa Sanatorium. In the arbour, you may find the seep of the 14th spring of Karlovy Vary, which is known as Štěpánka and which has reappeared after many long years in 1993.