Shock wave therapy
Shock wave therapy
Highly-effective, modern, non-invasive treatment for pain associated with musculoskeletal system, fast and effective help from pain, mobility restoration. Safe and painless treatment. Short application and evident effect already after the first treatment. Main usage: orthopedical medicine, rehabilitation, sportive medicine.
Acoustic wave which carries high energy to the painful spot – fibrous or myoskeletal tissues with subacute, subchronic and chronic conditions. It provokes healing, regenerating and reparative processes.
- analgetic effect - elimination of pain
- decrease of muscle tension
- acceleration of healing
- increase of collagen production
- improved metabolism and microcirculation
- increased resorption of calcium deposits
It has a beneficial effect on
- Calcar calcanei, plantar fasciitis, achillodynia
- Tibialis anterior syndromePatella tip syndrome – patellar tendinopathy (jumper’s knee)
- Pain in the hamstring insertions, bursitis trochanterica – pain in the hip area and the iliotibial tract, pain in the groin area
- Painful shoulder (calcification, tendonitis, impingement syndrome)
- Epicondylitis humeri radialis/ulnaris – tennis elbow
- Exostoses of small hand joints in case of grade 1.arthrosis
- Pain in palmar side of the wrist
- Chronic enthesopathies
- Trigger points, application to acupunctural points
Duration of the treatment: depends on the prescription
Shock Wave Therapy is available on medical prescription only.
Who provides this procedure
Elizabeth Bath is one of the most beautiful architectonical historical buildings. It is situated in the centre of the town and surrounded by a calm historical park with sparkling fountain in its middle. The Elizabeth Baths were established in 1906 and named after the Empress Elizabeth, known as Sissi. This representative building served to spa purposes from the very beginning. It continues a very successful and long spa tradition in the heart of Europe even today.
ASTORIA Hotel & Medical Spa
A very convenient location in the spa district centre, opposite the Mill ("Mlýnská") Colonnade with healing springs.
from 890 CZK per person per night
The Bristol hotel, the imposing main building of the hotel complex Bristol Group, is situated near the mineral springs and colonnades. The hotel offers 24 rooms and 12 suites and also an indoor pool, a sauna and lot of spa and wellness procedures.
from 2000 CZK per person per night