3. 6. 2020 | History
It was because it was the wife of the Austrian crown prince Rudolf of Habsburg who initiated the construction of the viewing tower. The splendid viewing tower was built in 1888 - 1889 from the plans of the important Viennese architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer. Today the viewing tower bears the name of the famous German poet J.W. Goethe, who had admired the views from this place several decades before Stephanie of Habsburg did.